gisele bündchen at chanel s/s 2015.
Giselle Bundchen, Saskia de Brauw, Soo Joo Park & Ming Xi
Chanel Spring 2015 // Runway Finale
- Me: Says something about how shitty things can be for some women
- Someone else: oh fuck, you must be a feminist!
- Me: Well... if by that you mean equal rights, yeah.
- Someone else: So you hate men and want women to hold all the power.
- Me: Nah I said I want equality and by tha-
- Someone else: Well why do you deny that a man can be raped?!
- Me: What?! I never said that.
- Someone else: Well every feminist I know wants to kill all men.
- Me: Well I never said that either.
- Someone else: and if we apply this logic to race-
- Me: NOT THE SAME THING DAWG
- Someone else: Why won't you acknowledge and debate my issues with your stance? Is it because I am right and I win? You can't compete with my superior mind?
- Me: BECAUSE YOU AREN'T DEBATING MY STANCE! You just straw man your way into an imaginary argument with me. I'll discuss my opinion with you but only if you know what my opinion really is.
- Someone else: Wow I totally bested you *mic drop* feminism defeated!
"No one has the right to sexual arousal—but when one population’s erotic needs are being consistently and catered to and another’s is entirely ignored, that’s a problem not only because the party being objectified is stripped of agency but because, by showing nude women constantly and not nude men, the show is perpetuating the power dynamic it ostensibly critiques in the present: it is literally saying that the only viewers with a right to sexual arousal are male." - "Game of Thrones" fails the female gaze: Why does prestige TV refuse to cater erotically to women? (via jaimescersei)